By Cathy Moore
Do your clients expect you to create training on demand? By changing how you talk to them, you can steer them away from an information dump and help them solve the real problem.
Once they agree to do a needs analysis, you're on your way to the best solution.
Here's a quick slideshow with ideas for things you could say -- and not say.
For more, see:
- Burn your training request form
- Do you work in a course factory? Do you care?
- How to kick off a project and avoid an information dump
- Save your clients from themselves
Build your performance consulting skills
Stop being an order taker and help your clients solve the real problem. The Partner from the Start toolkit helps you change how you talk to stakeholders, find the real causes of the problem, and determine what type of training (if any!) will help.
Scenario design toolkit now available
Design challenging scenarios your learners love
- Get the insight you need from the subject matter expert
- Create mini-scenarios and branching scenarios for any format (live or elearning)
It's not just another course!
- Self-paced toolkit, no scheduling hassles
- Interactive decision tools you'll use on your job
- Far more in depth than a live course -- let's really geek out on scenarios!
- Use it to make decisions for any project, with lifetime access