What can you learn here?
Learn how to:
- Identify the real causes of a performance problem in the workplace
- Decide whether training is part of the solution
- Design activity-rich training that helps people change what they do, not just what they know
- Show how your solutions help the organization meet its goals
- Stop being a training order-taker: Rise up, fellow training designers!
What do you need right now?
I have a new training project and want to avoid an information dump.
The design process (action mapping)
How to set goals and manage the client
- How to kick off a project and avoid an information dump
- How to create a training goal in two quick steps
- Five ways to become an L&D hero
- Three ways to save gobs of time when designing training
How to analyze the problem
- Why you want to focus on actions, not learning objectives
- Learning objectives: Our frenemy
- How to find the real cause of a problem: Will training help?
How to design a practice activity or scenario
- How to really involve learners (overview of the approach with many links)
- How to design scenario questions and feedback
- Scenario example: Chainsaw training
- Scenario mistakes to avoid #1: Eager-beaver feedback
- What to do if they just want "awareness"
I want to advance in my instructional design career.
I don't see my problem listed.