Cathy is an internationally recognized speaker and writer dedicated to saving the world from boring instruction. She’s a passionate advocate for improving business performance by respecting and deeply challenging people.
Her advice and designs have been used by organizations that include Microsoft, Pfizer, the US Army, Barclays, and the US Department of the Interior. She’s the creator of the action mapping model of training design used to improve performance by companies worldwide. A fun speaker, Cathy has been invited to present her ideas for improving instructional design in the US, Australia, UK, Argentina, and Brazil. She’s also an in-demand webinar presenter with an irreverent style. Cathy’s writing and design have won awards, and she’s served as a design competition judge. Through her blog, she shares ideas with more than 11,000 international subscribers.
“Cathy is an extraordinary force in the eLearning community.”
– Allen Partridge, Adobe
Featured clients and customers
Organizations around the world use Cathy’s advice, designs, and train-the-trainer materials.
Consumer and retail
Health and pharma
Speaking experienceCathy presents on instructional design at international conferences and online events. Her presentations have included:
- Keynote presentation on instructional design for the Training magazine Online Learning conference in Chicago, 2014
- Full-day workshops on scenario design in Los Angeles, Chicago, and Sydney, 2014
- Full-day training design workshop in London, 2014
- Several four-week design courses presented online for clients in Australia, Asia, Europe, and the Americas, 2013-2014
- Several full-day training design workshops in Sydney and Melbourne for the Learning@Work conference, the E-learning Network of Australasia, and private clients in 2013
- Three-day on-site workshop for a US federal agency, 2013
- Two-day certificate in elearning design for the Training 2012 conference, Atlanta, Georgia
- 7 keynotes and 9 instructional design workshops at Teaching and Further Education conferences in Melbourne, Sydney, Darwin, Perth, Adelaide, Hobart, and Brisbane, Australia
- Presentations on instructional design at Learning Technologies conferences, London
- Multiple online workshops on instructional design for the UK Elearning Network, US ASTD chapters, the eLearning Guild, and other professional associations
- Presentations on instructional design for corporate learning and development staff in São Paulo and Buenos Aires
- Instructional design presentations at eLearning Guild conferences in Boston and Orlando
- Half-day workshop on instructional design for the Brandon Hall Innovations in Learning conference, US
- Workshop on instructional design at the Articulate Live conference, US