No more information dumps!
Use these online toolkits to build your consulting and design skills.
- Start projects right as a performance consultant, not a training order-taker.
- Identify the real causes and solutions of a performance problem.
- Design challenging, realistic practice activities to change what people do, not just what they know.
In each toolkit, you'll get:
- Lots of realistic practice in branching scenarios and mini-scenarios
- Downloadable templates and job aids you'll use to change your processes
- Many on-the-job tasks to embed the techniques in your job
- Short, high-energy videos to help you see important concepts
Click the thumbnails below to see some toolkit pages. You'll probably need to zoom in with your browser.
You'll change how you work
Each toolkit assigns you at least 20 on-the-job actions.
For example, you might customize a job aid to fit your job, write short scripts to use during tricky client meetings, or replace your procedural documents with more effective versions that you download from the toolkit.
You'll enjoy freedom and challenge
A toolkit isn't a click-next course.
- Menu-driven: You'll have a structured series of challenges. Start at the first step, or jump to the part you need right now. Realistic practice activities will help you gauge how well you're learning and what you need to work on.
- Real-world progress: Your progress is measured by the on-the-job tasks you complete, not how much content you've looked at.
- Normal web pages: Activities and their related information appear on the same scrolling page. You don't have to click through many tiny screens to connect ideas.
Partner from the Start
Prove your value and love your job more by solving problems, not creating training on demand.
The toolkit takes you through the first, crucial conversations with your clients. You'll steer them in the right direction so you can create targeted solutions.
- Step out of the order-taking role.
- Help your client clarify, analyze, and measure the problem.
- Identify the real causes and solutions.
- Confirm whether training is one of the solutions.
- Determine your next steps.
Free scenario writing style tips
Do your training scenarios sound a little ... fake? Is the dialog stiff? Do the scenes seem forced?
This free mini-toolkit will help. You'll quickly conquer the four main style challenges I've seen in many years of helping people write scenario-based training.
Available in 2020
More toolkits are under development. Sign up below to be notified when they're ready.