How to design action-packed elearning. Applies action mapping to a sample course.
- In-person presentation in London for Learning Technologies 2011, using a health care compliance example; one hour. Some slides aren’t correctly synced in the recording but you’ll get the idea.
- Health care compliance example: Emphasizes tying job aids into the course. Online session for the Los Angeles ASTD. Here’s another using the same slides and with an especially lively chat; for Training Magazine.
- Convenience store safety example: Emphasizes simulating real life in the material. Online session for the Baton Rouge ASTD.
Be an elearning action hero! Quick Slideshare introduction to action mapping.
Designing powerful scenarios on any budget. Online workshop for the E-learning Network of Australasia that introduces a three-part formula for creating scenarios. Emphasizes basing your material on scenarios rather than tacking them on to a presentation as “engaging” activities.
How to save the world with elearning scenarios. Imagine that you’re in a competition to overhaul an information-heavy course so it creates a real change in the world. What changes would you make? Check out this story-based presentation to see what one fictional company did. Slideshare version of a workshop I gave at several Australian Teaching and Further Education conferences in 2009.
How to design elearning that’s memorable and budget-friendly. Series of YouTube videos showing five decisions you can make that will help you save money and create more memorable elearning. Based on a presentation for the UK eLearning Network.
The big mistake in elearning. Short video that includes:
- The one powerful change that will make our elearning a lot more effective
- A quick demo of action mapping
- A fun example of the type of information that should go in job aids
- How to get people to stop telling you, “Turn this information into a course”
A fresh look at instructional design. Presentation and discussion with Patrick Dunn and Clive Shepherd. Includes the “big mistake” presentation above, a presentation by Patrick, and a very lively chat from participants.
Want your own workshop or webinar? I can deliver my seminars at your site or online, customized to your needs. Learn more.